Having trained as a journalist and worked as a newspaper reporter, I started working in professional football in 2002 – spending eight years running press office and website functions of clubs in England and Australia. My first position was at Colchester United, where I launched the club’s successful online TV and multimedia output as well as co-editing the matchday programme. I moved to Perth Glory in Western Australia in 2005 as communications manager, leading PR strategy for the club during the launch period for the Hyundai A-League before returning to the UK and taking up the same role with Sheffield Wednesday in 2007. After more than three years in Sheffield, with responsibility for media relations management, online content and marketing strategy, PR development and editing official club publications, I am returning to Perth for good with my family as we start an exciting new chapter in our lives.
- Come on England!!! https://t.co/5fpf3hkyzF 2 months ago
- Remember it well. Audacious twitter.com/swfc/status/11… 2 years ago
- RT @Channel4News: "The world's people have spoken... time is running out." Sir David Attenborough encourages world leaders at the UN Confe… 2 years ago
- I am recruiting a Digital Experience Manager - if you know someone with excellent grasp of digital marketing, user… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- Great opportunity with St John of God Foundation to make an impact towards improving #healthcare lnkd.in/gPdxC6Q 2 years ago
- RT @ESPNFC: The crazy reaction to Kieran Trippier's free-kick at Nottingham Castle, UK. #ENGCRO https://t.co/kZsvgJ3Ecx 3 years ago
Colin Wood’s Tags